Becoming a Reflective Teacher
Just as successful athletes must identify strengths and weaknesses, set goals, and engage in focused practice to meet their goals, so must teachers. Learn how to combine a model of effective instruction with goal setting, focused practice, focused feedback, and observations to improve your instructional practices. Included are 280 strategies related to the 41 elements of effective teaching shown to enhance student achievement.
Combine this teacher resource with its leader companion—Coaching Classroom Instruction—in our special two-book set, Classroom Strategies for Cultivating Teacher Effectiveness.
See the other books in the Classroom Strategies Series.
- Find the reflection strategies that work best for you in the comprehensive at-a-glance compendium, complete with its own table of contents.
- Use end-of-chapter comprehension questions to assess and reinforce your understanding of each chapter's topic.
- Conduct a self-audit to determine your level of competence for each of the 41 elements of effective teaching.
- Learn how to use video data, student survey data, and student achievement data to improve your practice.
- Continue to develop your instructional practices with an appendix of teacher scales for each reflective practice.
- Relate to and draw from classroom vignettes that depict and explore the presented reflective strategies.
Product Code: BKL011
These reproducibles include handouts to copy and share, as well as forms you can fill in electronically.
- Chapter 2: Comprehension Questions
- Chapter 3: Comprehension Questions
- Chapter 4: Comprehension Questions
- Chapter 5: Comprehension Questions
- Chapter 6: Comprehension Questions
- See all reproducibles for this book.