The Hulley Centre
An accomplished educator and staff developer, Wayne Hulley has helped implement effective schools practices in every Canadian province and territory and in more than 40 US states. His site-based planning model is used in more than 1,200 schools across North America to improve learning outcomes for students, increase teacher satisfaction, and build community support to nurture that commitment. Now, Wayne has partnered with Solution Tree to create the Hulley Centre: a new endeavor that will give you access to his school improvement expertise.
Through this partnership, Wayne is available to speak at your school or district only by contacting Solution Tree. His Planning for School and Student Success Process (PSSSP) will work for your school, too.
Why PSSSP works
- Requires commitment from leadership first
- Wins real teacher commitment—from hearts as well as minds
- Creates shared values, vision, and purpose
- Collects critical evidence and disaggregates it to build staff ownership
- Makes collaborative teams the vehicle for change
- Leverages data-driven “SMARTER Heart” goals to guide actions
- Delivers high-yield strategies to use in planning
- Offers planned milestone opportunities to reflect, adjust, and celebrate
The PSSSP counteracts the eight flaws school leaders make while planning for school improvement. These flaws often lead to little or no improvement, frustrated staff, and lowered team morale. The PSSSP eliminates those obstacles from the beginning—so that moving forward results in change that lasts.
Why typical school improvement plans fail
- Lack of alignment and commitment of leadership at the state/provincial, district, and school levels
- Low staff commitment—and failure to understand the impact of change on staff
- Failure to create a clear and compelling vision
- Ineffective use of data as the basis for planning
- Failure to create and maintain a collaborative culture
- Failure to create clear goals that will direct staff planning, implementation, and progress monitoring
- Implementing strategies—if any—that have little potential to change outcomes
- Failure to celebrate successes and to monitor and adjust the process based on ongoing formative assessment
Ready to get started?
We offer one-day overviews of the process, training for district leaders, and ongoing customized on-site support for PSSSP implementation. For more information on the Hulley Centre, or to learn about ways you can partner with Wayne Hulley today, call 800.733.6786.