Learning by Doing
A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work™
Through continuous work with educators, the authors have created a more powerful, practical resource for moving forward in the PLC process. This book is an action guide for closing the knowing-doing gap and transforming schools into PLCs. It also includes seven major additions that equip educators with essential tools for confronting challenges.
- Build a shared knowledge of critical vocabulary and the concepts underlying key PLC terms.
- Equip yourself with the knowledge and tools necessary to model effective reciprocal accountability.
- Make honest assessments of your school by examining conventional practices from a fresh, critical perspective.
- Learn about the critical role central office educators have in the PLC process.
- Take immediate and specific steps to close the knowing-doing gap.
- Move beyond planning, and start doing.
Product Code: BKF416