From Formative to Summative
Learn how to integrate formative and summative assessments seamlessly into instruction. The research, rationale, strategies, and examples provided in this book will help teachers develop their own repertoire of formative and summative assessments to monitor, grade, and make inferences about a student’s ability to meet standards and curriculum goals. Exercises at the end of each chapter provide opportunities to reflect and plan action steps.
- Learn how teacher teams can analyze standards to make them more manageable and plan a logical instructional sequence.
- Understand formative and summative assessments and how they complement each other.
- Create checklists and rubrics.
- Explore how to make the curriculum more engaging through authentic performance tasks.
- Gain numerous examples of performance tasks, checklists, and rubrics from different subject areas and grade levels.
- Find ways to differentiate instruction.
- Get more informal, “quick and easy” assessment strategies.
- Recognize the difference between assessment and evaluation.
Product Code: BKF272
These reproducibles include handouts to copy and share, as well as forms you can fill in electronically.
- The Balanced Assessment Model
- Repacking the Standards
- Performance Task Template
- Template for a Student Checklist
- Teacher Guidelines for Creating Student Checklists
- See all reproducibles for this book.