Simplifying RTI Institute
What does successful response to intervention (RTI) look like when all the pieces come together? The underlying premise of RTI is that schools should not delay providing help for struggling students until they fall far enough behind to qualify for special education, but instead should provide timely, targeted, and systematic interventions to all students who demonstrate the need.
With unprecedented access to nationally recognized experts who have successfully implemented RTI in a variety of settings—often with limited personnel and dwindling resources—you will learn how to create a tiered system of support that includes:
- Tier 1 core instruction that ensures all students have access to rigorous essential grade level curriculum, highly effective teaching, and embedded academic/behavior support.
- Tier 2 supplemental interventions that support students in grade-level curriculum, immediate prerequisite skills, and academic/social behavior expectations.
- Tier 3 intensive interventions that develop foundational prerequisite academic skills (reading, number sense, writing, and English language) and behaviors without removing students from essential grade-level curriculum.
With a drill-down breakout approach full of hands-on activities and through interactive and highly engaging keynotes, the institute will explore how to build an intervention program by looking at the four essential elements of a successful RTI model: collective responsibility, concentrated instruction, convergent assessment, and certain access.
Expanding on the methods detailed in their best-selling books Pyramid Response to Intervention and Simplifying Response to Intervention, the presenters include specifics on how to lead the RTI process at the site and district levels. Learn how to create a proactive process to identify students who need help, place them in the proper intervention, monitor their progress, revise interventions as needed, and determine when students no longer need additional support. Each presenter will match theory with practice and offer strategies that can immediately pay big dividends for both students and staff.
- Create a school/district culture that focuses on student learning.
- Build a highly effective, collaborative core program.
- Focus core instruction on rigorous core curriculum.
- Unpack the CCSS into focused student learning targets.
- Design, analyze, and utilize common assessments to improve core instruction and guide interventions.
- Plan for embedded intervention time.
- Engage and empower students in the learning process.
- Target interventions to meet individual student needs.
- Understand the critical components and implementation of a behavioral RTI system.
- Utilize a site leadership and intervention team to support schoolwide interventions.
- Design master schedules that provide core instruction, interventions, and elective options for students at risk.
- Identify effective Tier 3 interventions for students struggling with reading, writing, number sense, and English language.
- Determine the best ways to utilize schoolwide support staff in the RTI process, including psychologists, counselors, special education teachers, and intervention specialists.
- Use intervention time to extend learning for students that have already mastered grade-level expectations.
- Understand the district's role and responsibilities in the RTI process.
Speakers are subject to change.
Product Code: CFF336
Events reach capacity quickly. Please confirm your registration before making travel plans.
All rates are per day and subject to change.
Please contact the hotel for parking rates for daily commuters.
In order to receive the discounted hotel room rate, please mention Solution Tree. After the deadline listed below, rates will be determined by the hotel.
Crowne Plaza Denver1450 Glenarm Place
Denver CO 80202
Discounted Rate: (single or double) $164 per night
Deadline: June 2, 2013