Communicating & Connecting With Social Media
Social media holds potential benefits for schools reaching out to our communities, preparing our teachers, and connecting with our kids. In this short text, the authors examine how enterprising schools are using social media tools to provide customized professional development for teachers. They explore the marketing and communications value of developing a social-networking presence and examine the kinds of school and district practices necessary for supporting successful school-based social media efforts.
As part of the Essentials for Principals Series, the book explains several ways that administrators can use social media spaces to communicate with staff, students, parents, alumni, and other stakeholders. The authors focus on how administrators can structure practical, meaningful, and engaging professional development sessions on social media. The book further explores the kinds of core behaviors that can help to ensure the responsible use of social media in schools, and the epilogue focuses on the future of social media in education.
See the other Essentials for Principals books.
- Get practical solutions for implementing social media tools into communication and professional development plans.
- Find straightforward language describing each digital tool.
- Gain helpful examples and reproducibles.
Product Code: BKF474
These reproducibles include handouts to copy and share, as well as forms you can fill in electronically.
- Introducing Stakeholders to Twitter
- 21st Century Communications Rubric
- School Communication Survey
- Exploring School-Based Social Media Efforts
- New Media Parent Release
- See all reproducibles for this book.